I have a bunch of posts half-written that may never see the light of day. I figured I would just get back on the horse and write a little something. The last few months have had their difficulties, and writing just wasn’t something I wanted to do. But I’m started to feel it again. What will follow today, I’m not certain, but let’s see, shall we?
Today I made a magnificent smoothie for breakfast. Unfortunately there’s no picture of it since I wolfed it down. I think it was magnificent because I used some rich coconut milk (the real stuff, not the Silk or whatever they sell in the refrigerated section), so it was thick and delicious. I mixed in some frozen bananas, pineapple, and mango, a little ground flax and chia seeds, and finally a big handful of baby greens. Topped off with a couple of tablespoons of homemade granola (oh, I do have a picture of that!), and it was delicious.
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ⅓ cup frozen mango
- 1 date, coarsely chopped
- ½ to ¾ c. non-dairy milk (coconut adds to the tropical flavor)
- ½ Tbsp. ground flax seed
- ½ Tbsp. chia seeds
- large handful baby greens (about 2 oz.)
- Place fruit, ½ cup milk, and seeds into the blender jar.
- Blend until the fruit starts to break up. Mixture will be very thick, add additional milk if needed.
- Stop blender and add greens, pressing them into the mix with a spatula.
- Blend again until smooth, stopping and scraping down if needed.